Hi folks

Thought I would create a quick how to about posting pictures. We all want to see what wonderful pics you have! :blink:

Step 1.

You need to re-size your images before you post them so that they are easy to see and dont take ages to download every time a member wants to see them. I use PIXresizer, but there are loads of programmes available free to download that will do the same job. Take a look here if you need to download one. The best size to go for is 800 X 600.

Step 2.

Once you have your picture/s re-sized you are ready to upload them. Start you new topic in the usual way (or add reply if just adding a post into a thread) and view the attachments box

attachment_box__404_x_47_.jpg

Step 3.

Click browse and that will open this box

select_file.jpg

Step 4.

Select the re-sized image and click open then hit the UPLOAD button

Step 5.

After a few seconds the file will have been uploaded and will appear in the drop down menu looking something like this

drop_down.jpg

pressing add_picture.jpg will add the image into the post

pressing delete_picture.jpg will remove the image from the post

you can add text...

Above

On the lefttext.jpgor on the right

Below

like this

Step 6.

When you have finished hit Post New Topic/Reply and enjoy!

Please note that if you upload an image and do not add the attachment text (text.jpg) into the post your image will be displayed at the bottom of your post. If you do not want it, remove it by using the delete_picture.jpg button.

• Like 2

I hate to tell you folks but I'm a real dummy when it comes to posting, also a newby at this whole forum thing. I clicked on the title of How to post a picture and you lost with all the technical language in the topic. I'm really sorry but is there a book or something that has all this written down in plain words that an idoit like me can understand.

thanks;

I hate to tell you folks but I'm a real dummy when it comes to posting, also a newby at this whole forum thing. I clicked on the title of How to post a picture and you lost with all the technical language in the topic. I'm really sorry but is there a book or something that has all this written down in plain words that an idoit like me can understand.

thanks;

Dont think a book can show it more clearly then what TT have posted.

Hey mate,

Im not bigging-up Terry Tibbs or anything, but I've just re-read his posts and it has been written in plain English. I couldn't see any Techy-jargon.

However, what I would say is that TT's post was written before the major upgrade to the software was made a few months ago.

My advice is to use/find software that will downsize your pics. (if you have a Mac, let me know, and I'll tell you the easiest way to do that without using extra software)

1) downsize your pics and saved somewhere on your computer,

2) write a post on the forum and select "Use Full Editor"

3) Select Upload Image

4) Then once the upload bar is complete, you can put the cursor where you want the pic to go and select "Add to Post".

5) Select "Post"

Done ;)

This is how to post a pic....

Its reeeeally easy :)

Click on this link...its a streaming view, not a download. its 12MB so may take a few seconds to start.

Click Here To See Visual Demo

Downsized Pic 1.jpg

That's all that is needed.

Now you are cooking with pic upload, lets see what you have got in that filthy hard-drive ;).....

The sexy part of this new software is that if you have 10 pics you want to upload, you can do it all at once.

When you come to selecting the file part, just highlight ALL the pics you want, then select OK, and watch 10 progress bars work together.

Then select "Add To Post" one by one wherever you want them situated on the post.

Cheers

LULT

• Like 1

Thanks, I felt this post was needed. :Clap:

Also it was VERY plain English, and easy to understand.

LULT thanks for the video, nobody should be confused with that. (I hope not) Can you send me a PM and tell me the way you downsize on your Mac?

QUESTION ABOUT QUOTED POSTS INCLUDING PICS

I hope this will prompt a response if I post the question here. Sorry if I'm asking the question in the wrong place -- I'm a newbie -- say no more!

When I post a reply and wish to quote all or part of the post that I'm replying to, and that earlier post includes a pic, what appears in my reply by default is a link to the pic concerned rather than the pic itself, and the quoted passage then looks like A below. That method saves on unnecessary space, of course, and is often an adequate way of quoting the earlier post. Sometimes, however, it's more convenient to reproduce the pic itself as part of the quoted passage. An example of a post which does that appears below under B.

My question is: How do I achieve the result in B rather than the default as in A? Advice on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

A

Quote_with_link.png

B

Quote_with_pic.png

I would do it by copying the image location (right click on the image) then use the picture button in the text editor to produce this...

[img=paste image location here]

Or you could download the pic and re-upload it into the quote.

I would do it by copying the image location (right click on the image) then use the picture button in the text editor to produce this...

[img=paste image location here]

Or you could download the pic and re-upload it into the quote.

Copying the image location worked like a charm -- thanks tons!

make sure you post them the right way round as well,i forgot last time and posted a few the wrong way round.i soon got a comment on that.LOL

I think it's great we have this tread that tells people how to resize their pictures, unfortunately we still have board members uploading enormous pictures sizes that take ages to download. Isn't there a way to put a size limit on the pictures uploaded to this forum? Maybe that will stop this behavior, because obviously the people doing this aren't reading this thread.

There is nothing more annoying than waiting ages to see pictures of someone's trip report, then finding out they were only pictures of his hotel room. Or worse yet, a POV shot of his hairy gut and penis.

Ignore this post. I'm just playing around with pics to see if I can get one to appear in the middle of the text. This is not at all intuitive and the posts above are not clear, despite what American Eagle says!

No, I cannot get it to work. Could someone please explain in words of one syllable how to insert explanatory text above a picture? And quickly - it's holding up my TR.

Edited by Titian

LULT

Question, how do you put your own little logo on the pics ????? using a mac

Hey buddy, great little program to use on Mac is ResizeMe, you can water mark your pics to and in batches rather than each one.

Fie dollah 

I use FastStone , same same ResizeMe you can water mark your pics and n resize them in batches .

And if I can use it any one can.. :Trouser Cough:

You use a mac billy ?

Nooo...Windows7

But for resizing single pic.I use ACDsee. It came free with my Pentax..

A quick 1 for you here then;

Am replying and qouting a post here and want to add a pic ok in the reply section.

Everytime i click on image it says enter a URL like a website address?

So at the moment unable to quote and post a pic for a reply here :angry:

Surely just have to copy and paste an image from my hard drive?

any help wil be appreciated!!

I would like to upload a picture and then use it as a link. Normally the HTML tag would be something like

beach.jpg

but it didn't work the way I wanted it to. What can I do ?

A quick 1 for you here then;

Am replying and qouting a post here and want to add a pic ok in the reply section.

Everytime i click on image it says enter a URL like a website address?

So at the moment unable to quote and post a pic for a reply here :angry:

Surely just have to copy and paste an image from my hard drive?

any help wil be appreciated!!

Hope this helps.

1. Click on 'More Reply Options'

2. Click on 'Choose Files' to upload pic from your pc.

3 Once uploaded click 'add to post' where you want to place the pic

and it should appear there.

MM.

• Like 1

Just tried to do that myself gert and it don't seem to work.

MM.

photo-thumb-5304.jpg

Edited by MrMercury

I am normally all over this sort of thing but I am struggling to find out how to add a photo.

I think the above instructions are for an older format of thus site (coming up to 6 years).

Can someone please post an updated version on how to add photos to a post?

Thank you :)

Put yer text for the post in then;

• Select more reply options
  • Select choose file
  • Select pic and choose
  • Select attach this file
  • Position cursor where you want pic to appear
  • Select add to post
  • Press submit post

Nuff said  ;)

images1.jpg

• Like 1

Put yer text for the post in then;

• Select more reply options
  • Select choose file
  • Select pic and choose
  • Select attach this file
  • Position cursor where you want pic to appear
  • Select add to post
  • Press submit post

Nuff said  ;)

attachicon.gifimages1.jpg

Cash Me Outside How Bow Dah.

images1.jpg

I luuurve it.

:)

Edited by Thaiman12

Thanks for the quick response Petsie.

It was the "More Reply Options" that I didn't initially see that threw me.

Cheers mate :)

I'm getting myself prepared for an upcoming trip report, so I'm on to it now

• Like 1