Sign in to follow this  
mikezxx

Sunglasses bait and switch

Rate this topic

Havnt seen this one before,

Guy approaches with "genuine" polaroid raybans, bends the legs etc, and I check that they are in fact polarized using my own existing sunglasses to test. 

After him starting at 650 baht, I quickly establish that 120 is my max, and after a bit of role play he says ok and hands me the glasses.   Just to be sure, I check again that they are polaroid,  ooooops!!  not polaroid.   He has switched to a lookalike fake pair of Raybans.   I point that out to him, and of course he tells me it is all my fault and quickly moves on.

One to watch for

Don’t buy off the guys that do the Soi s on foot or bike. Personally I only pay 50 - 60 baht a pair tops but have been coming here years and more is being reveled... on each visit Regards Garry

Havnt seen this one before,

Guy approaches with "genuine" polaroid raybans, bends the legs etc, and I check that they are in fact polarized using my own existing sunglasses to test. 

After him starting at 650 baht, I quickly establish that 120 is my max, and after a bit of role play he says ok and hands me the glasses.   Just to be sure, I check again that they are polaroid,  ooooops!!  not polaroid.   He has switched to a lookalike fake pair of Raybans.   I point that out to him, and of course he tells me it is all my fault and quickly moves on.

One to watch for

120 baht for sunglasses and you thought they were real? Even at the original suggested price of 650 by the vendor there was never any chance they were genuine.

On 11/30/2017 at 9:52 AM, wadshooter said:

mmm, I paid 100. I still have then 4 years later.

Don't really think one can complain too much- only a newbie would think he is buying genuine RB for 120.

Edited by fullonfun16