Sign in to follow this  
petesie

Teerak, Police Catch Me Drink Driving, Send Money!

Rate this topic

Teerak the police catch me drink driving, send me money!

I've heard from 3 different sources this week that this the latest ploy at baht extraction...

If they're caught they may have a bribe request, it's 10k for us, different for them. If they go to jail when caught they have to pay bail then they are charged. The court case will take a few months then they are fined.

Not the morning after you just got back... :angry: 

Teerak the police catch me drink driving, send me money!

I've heard from 3 different sources this week that this the latest ploy at baht extraction...

If they're caught they may have a bribe request, it's 10k for us, different for them. If they go to jail when caught they have to pay bail then they are charged. The court case will take a few months then they are fined.

Not the morning after you just got back... :angry:

I believe that's wrong mate.

Got caught on a road block on second road 3 years ago at midnight. Taken to monkeyhouse Soi 9 with a pickup full of other revellers. Got out 0600hrs after wife paid bail 20,000bt.

1 day later at the Court. They messed us about all day before fining bike riders 2500bt and car drivers 4000bt.

Couple of days later had to meet again at Soi 9 copshop and taken with passports to Jomtien immigration where all passports were checked for any previous misdemeanors. All clear we left complete with passport.

All the above completed in less than a week.

My wife had to open another account in a particular named bank so she could get back the 20K bail. This happened a few days later.

Oh, was told if l got caught again in the next 12 months, over the limit, would be deported and not allowed to return to Thailand for another 12 months.

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk

Got caught on a road block on second road 3 years ago at midnight. Taken to monkeyhouse Soi 9 with a pickup full of other revellers. Got out 0600hrs after wife paid bail 20,000bt.

1 day later at the Court. They messed us about all day before fining bike riders 2500bt and car drivers 4000bt.

Couple of days later had to meet again at Soi 9 copshop and taken with passports to Jomtien immigration where all passports were checked for any previous misdemeanors. All clear we left complete with passport.

My wife had to open another account in a particular named bank so she could get back the 20K bail. This happened a few days later.

Oh, was told if l got caught again in the next 12 months, over the limit, would be deported and not allowed to return to Thailand for another 12 months.

Did you try to offer them “snack money” to get out of it? It doesnt sound like it.

I don't know why anybody bothers with Motorbikes or Motor Cars in Pattaya ..most places easy to walk to , baht buses everywhere , motorbike taxis , cheap and cheerful when required ..honestly,  what on Earth is the bloody point of making Life harder than it has to be ?

I quite agree, I'm never sober during the stay of my trips to Pattaya, would never risk riding or driving, while drinking...I wouldn't want to spill any... :Drinker:You gotta love those baht buses and motor bike taxis,

Did you try to offer them “snack money” to get out of it? It doesnt sound like it.

No, that wasn,t an option on that occasion. A big organised cull. Many police and temporary office set up. Block accross all 2nd road near the dolphin roundabout so no escape. Every vehicle checked. They were on a mission, and unfortunately l had been with a mate on his birthday and stayed longer than usual.

All part of growing up. :)

Sent from my ASUS_X013DA using Tapatalk

Most police want 20k now, it seems to be the standard. However they only take so many payments at the roadside, after a certain limit they will arrest you and put you in soi 9 awaiting your court appearance.

Best way is to not drink and ride of course, however if you do fuck up there is a way to beat a breathalyser. Doesn't work if you are extremely drunk though. I was told by a UK police friend how to do it many many years ago. Got pulled here after about 8 beers, did what I had to do and got a reading of 38, 50 being the arrest point. A week or so later got pulled after having 2 beers, didn't use the method because felt fine and got a reading of 42, it works and many friends have used it and passed.very simple to do, however please don't pm me asking, I haven't the time, but will gladly tell you if talking face to face.

Most police want 20k now, it seems to be the standard. However they only take so many payments at the roadside, after a certain limit they will arrest you and put you in soi 9 awaiting your court appearance.

Best way is to not drink and ride of course, however if you do fuck up there is a way to beat a breathalyser. Doesn't work if you are extremely drunk though. I was told by a UK police friend how to do it many many years ago. Got pulled here after about 8 beers, did what I had to do and got a reading of 38, 50 being the arrest point. A week or so later got pulled after having 2 beers, didn't use the method because felt fine and got a reading of 42, it works and many friends have used it and passed.very simple to do, however please don't pm me asking, I haven't the time, but will gladly tell you if talking face to face.

What a tease, Scott!

With any luck, I`ll catch up with in a couple of weeks to get your secret!

I cannot believe that. 0.42 after only two beers, and you are a big son of a gun, 90 kg or more, I guess.

This would've been a con job.

O

Only way to beat a breathalyser is to reduce the amount of alcohol gas in your lungs and the only way to do that quickly is hyperventilation. This may reduce by up to about 10%

Many myths about chewing gum, breaths sprays etc but a lot of these can make it worse as they actually contain alcohol

However in places where the do secondary blood testing this may not help.

What a tease, Scott!

With any luck, I`ll catch up with in a couple of weeks to get your secret!

It's not the old 'diluted coke in a knotted condom stuffed down your underpants' trick is it?

50 is actually a quite lenient limit. I had 3 Leos and a coffee and brandy on another occasion and was stopped soon after and was well under the limit.

At work in another life l had to operate the breathyliser from the business end and our fail reading was 22.

The drink driving isn't the issue fellas...it's the teeraks asking for loot to supposedly to keep them from Jail.

Oooh. Hard enough to deal with real issues. If they’re making up something like that, that’s bottom of the barrel low.

Edited by kathoeyfan

best thing to do is to immediately say you don't want to go to the police station and ask if they can do something about it.

consensus seems to be 20.000 baht.

best thing to do is to immediately say you don't want to go to the police station and ask if they can do something about it.

consensus seems to be 20.000 baht.

Well l have alot of free time when in Pattaya. Retired now so money has to be considered.

I would rather be messed about for a day and pay 2500bt ligit than line some corrupted cops pockets with 20000bt.

I understand a guy on holiday would value his time more though.

Well l have alot of free time when in Pattaya. Retired now so money has to be considered.

I would rather be messed about for a day and pay 2500bt ligit than line some corrupted cops pockets with 20000bt.

I understand a guy on holiday would value his time more though.

or being arrested on a friday evening... :-/

Only way to beat a breathalyser is to reduce the amount of alcohol gas in your lungs and the only way to do that quickly is hyperventilation. This may reduce by up to about 10%

Confirm: Only way is hyperventilation. But cannot confirm only 10%. It can reduce much more!

I cannot believe that. 0.42 after only two beers, and you are a big son of a gun, 90 kg or more, I guess.

This would've been a con job.

O

The amount you've had to eat prior to drinking makes a lot of difference. I remember a few years ago Richard Hammond made a TV series called "Should I be worried about...." He did one about drinking and they did a test where he drank on an empty stomach and a French guy the same size ate a meal, they both drank the same amount of units but the blood alcohol level of Hammond was 10x that of the other guys.

I've found the programme. Fast forward to 21:50 to see the part I'm talking about.

Edited by tongting

Confirm: Only way is hyperventilation. But cannot confirm only 10%. It can reduce much more!

According to you how much more? Saying more doesn't give much information since I said about 10% which can be taken as a mean value. I suppose I could add a standard deviation as well. There are physiological limits here.

According to you how much more? Saying more doesn't give much information since I said about 10% which can be taken as a mean value. I suppose I could add a standard deviation as well. There are physiological limits here.

Well, it depends on many factors. Not every human body is the same, and it depends how long and intense you are doing it.

I for myself tested it some years ago with an alcoholic breath tester used by german police. And i could reduce it this way about 50%.

But you also have to keep in mind that hyperventilation can be dangerous!

I think if you stand there puffing and blowing like a bullfrog a wary police might require a blood test?

You have to do it discreet. Mostly the test will not be done directly after they stopped you. So you should have time. If not: bad luck! 

Have i got news for you Miguel.......many of the drink drive random road stops in the pattaya area the RTP officers are now equipped with hand held breathaliser units.

Only last week I was caught up in one. Watched 2 Thai guys blowing into breathaliser units.

If these provide a positive read out you are then taken to police station to blow into the static big breathaliser unit. This will be the read out if they charge you. Have no idea how often these machines are calibrated as to accuracy.

Not condoning drunk driving, but all form of financial negotiations / bribes are better conducted road side before a trip to the monkey house. For obvious reasons. Not proud but speak from experience.

Would you bribe them if caught Miguel ?. I doubt it, after all you don't even like paying for lady drinks or bar fines. The merest thought of paying a police officer a substantial ammount of money must horrify you. But it is a beneficial service that works both ways. Same as what the bar owners have to offer along with the staff that work the bars. All got to earn a living at our expense.

Rgds soidog.