Rate this topic

I just noticed the post that Emmy made just now that some low life has not paid his bin and when confronted he ran off , looking at his pic I don't think he ran very far.

so to all the business owners, look out for this guy . sure its only one beer but he is a thief .

I just hope for all business owners this guy will be the only one shamed here but I don''t think he will be the last.

( posted at the request of Emmy from Katty Bar Jomtien ) 

1533933145513.jpg

1533933151551.jpg

Emmy was lucky.

A while back a customer went rogue at sensations and his check bin was 7500 baht I think.  He did eventually come back and pay after it being posted here. 

Was he left unattended? where was the cashier at the time?

No time and date on the footage as well?

Edited by fenton

looks like more than one beer, looking at the bins in the condom thing.

The cashier fenton was possibly either champagne or teya, either of which that guy could pick up with one hand.

from where the guy was sitting it's about 6 strides to the street and away you go. The katty bar isn't a sort of place with Bouncers on the door.

There was also rrecently some drunk norwegian who ran up a bill of 20k baht in the evening [this is true] of course he had no money at the end to pay.

Rather brilliantly... Emmy took all the jewellry from his girlfriend [who emmy knew] and stuck it in her safe overnight until the bill was paid. She did get the money.

if you are wondering how he ran up such a large bill, ladydrinks all night for about 6-7 very drunk staff!

strikes me he was lucky [the guy in the OP] that Bell wasn't around!

looks like more than one beer, looking at the bins in the condom thing.

Yes, hence my edit, more like 3-4, put my spectacles on and looked more closely.

I feel sorry for Emmy, but I've seen this scenario quite a few times on my trips, that's why I prefer to pay as I drink because of it.

But even so, date and time is missing from the footage image, that needs addressing.  Along with a camera placed directly above the cashier (maybe there is?)

Mentioning bouncers is a bit silly Liverpool

Edited by fenton

Emmy has many camers in and outside her bar and yes there is one over the chashier and can view the camers on her phone when she is out 

Yes I've seen this running on a phone, I think a cheap 7" tablet, would be better for viewing footage TBH, tethered to the posh smartphone that most LB's have.

It would be interesting to know where the cashier was behind the bar when it happened.  If she was cleaning/tidying up.  Checking the book, or just pissing about with her smartphone (i used to know a cashier at a bar she had two phones on the go on her shift she used to make fun at me because I had three on me 555), some do have a habit of not focusing on the job and I have seen some day dreaming on occasions. 

ah-fenton, yes i know the bouncer thing was a bit silly, simply an aside to your ' where was the cashier' comment really. I mean. what would you expect the cashier to do?

The guy simply upped and ran. From where he was sitting the cashier would have been directly opposite him behind the bar. whoever the cashier was i can assure you that she would not have been playing on a smartphone... emmy has long banned staff from using them inside the bar, but it's difficult to control if they are outside, especially if like Bell, they are freelancers and do a lot of business on TF.

i doubt that Emmy has ever known anything like this, she's not been in the biz for a year yet and is still learning, She just likes the friendly little bar scenario and more power to her for that.

Personally i'd much prefer the pay as you order english type thing. totally agree with Aussiemale. it's easy, even more so in a big bar to hide a bin or two during busy times. All that shit and bin runners are part of the bar biz unfortunately

think Aussiemale and i may be in a minority though.... but would love to be proved wrong,  the bill in the condom scenario is fairly well ingrained here nowadays

I mean. what would you expect the cashier to do?

So it was her and just the customer alone.  For a start she could of had a conversation perhaps, just because her English maybe limited, the gut feeling should of kicked in something was not right, just by body language alone.

But some are better at concealing body language than others, and different things mean something totally different in other cultures etc, I suppose.

As for me I generally pay as you go, cashiers and lb's don't seem to like that for some reason, get that look etc.

Thai women are not weak, I was dating one in the mid naughties, one night she rang me up in the middle of the night saying her husband was at the house, she told me she was single.  Cut a long story short he wouldn't go away so she threw a tin of pop at his head, he didn't come back again, no way was I getting involved,  the cop shop was around the corner so I knew she was ok.  I took her to my solicitors the next day and got the ball rolling for a divorce.  She told me "in my head am divorced" 55.  The relationship then dissipated, I was keeping well out of it.

But again no date and time on the CCTV image? and not another camera image showing the thief and the position of the cashier and what she was doing at the time of the theft, behind the bar.

It is a sorry state of affairs, I must admit.

Pay as you go or pay when finished ....just pay for what you order for cripes sake.

There are 3 sides to every story but at the end of the day don't order something if you can't pay for it and if he forgot his wallet , don't people check before they leave the room to make sure they have everything . He could have left his watch as a good will and come back the next day and pay .

And now he is famouse ,his puss is all over the internet  , hang on he could be that other bald guy on the forum that is all over the internet ,he just put glasses and and a bit of fluff on his face .

Anyway pay your bin

drinks should be paid as they are served.....or a certain amount of money, say for instance 500Bt is put in bar up front and when you hit the amount, you top up or leave and receive what is left over.
How many times have I left a bar and later thought "shit I dont remember paying my tab". I always have, thanks to rote. Hopefully this guy does the right thing.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Just now, edisto said:

How many times have I left a bar and later thought "shit I dont remember paying my tab". I always have, thanks to rote. Hopefully this guy does the right thing.

Yes, it can happen, that you are drunken, left the bar and than don´t be sure if you really have paid the bill or not. But the OP quoted: " and when confronted he ran off ". For sure somebody that forgot paying will NOT ran off.

I wish someone that knows photoshop could clean  up that photo. I also wonder what a 'confrontation' consists of that would cause a middle aged , vastly overweight, and probably out of shape guy to 'run' from a bar and his ten dollar bin?  I hesitate to cast too much blame, some hyped up Thai's scare the shit out of me so that I'd run if I could. Anyone think this 'runner' got very far before slowing down to catch his breath ?  No, he was wrong but we don't know if he was running out on his bill or away from the 'confrontation' . 

No, he was wrong but we don't know if he was running out on his bill or away from the 'confrontation' 

Pure

there wasn't any confrontation whatsoever. he simply upped and ran for whatever reason.

A confrontation in the Katty with Emmy? doesn't happen...... no mate. I've talked to emmy about the whole thing and seen the video-- which is quite simply  he sat at the bar drinking and then shot off out the door.

that's all.

Edited by liverpool
missed a line

well, i don't drink aussiemale, and i certainly can't run, so the bar owners don't need to worry about me!

all this that happened to emmy i would guess happens occaisonally in a lot of bars, not only in thailand i may add.

Emmy certainly wasn't bothered about the lost revenue too much, she knows the score, she was more concerned about warning other bar owners via the forum. Indeed she asked me to re-post it into a correct topic, rather than her classified one, which as i'm sure you all know is the only one that she can post in.

She was very pleased when i told her that stoolpusher had already done so. Emmy knows a lot of bar-owners nowadays and just wanted to help prevent possible problems for them.

i doubt she wanted the spanish inquisition!

Edited by liverpool
typo as usual.

4 minutes ago, liverpool said:

well, i don't drink aussiemale, and i certainly can't run, so the bar owners don't need to worry about me!

all this that happened to emmy i would guess happens occaisonally in a lot of bars, not only in thailand i may add.

Emmy certainly wasn't bothered about the lost revenue too much, she knows the score, she was more concerned about warning other bar owners via the forum. Indeed she asked me to re-post it into a correct topic, rather than her classified one, which as i'm sure you all know is the only one that she can post in.

She was very pleased when i told her that stoolpusher had already done so. Emmy knows a lot of bar-owners nowadays and just wanted to help prevent possible problems for them.

Any luck in finding the prick yet ?

6 minutes ago, aussiemale said:

Any luck in finding the prick yet ?

haven't been in katty recently Aus... but i doubt it, to be honest i doubt anyone is looking, i forget how much the bin was...but it wasn't a big amount as i recall.

as petesie mentioned...it's a common thing, soon be forgotten about in the history of jomtien.:)

for god's sake fenton will you shut-up about the feckin' cashier! what are you some sort of amateur detective?...you a member of thai visa by any chance?

but to help you out. The cashier was Emmy herself. Whoever said it was the cashier and customer alone? stop assuming.

Dunno why you keep prattling on about the cashier, you seem to be picturing some sort of scenario that wasn't.  There were some other staff in the bar by the way.

And for info as you seem to be concerned about the cctv system. It has the facility to 'show' or not show time and date. Emmy simply turned it off to print the picture. if you feel it important to your investigation i'll ask emmy to reprint with time and date for you.

okay... you can relax now.:)

That would be the sort of questions I would be asking, seems like common sense to me. To make sure it didn't happen again. Once bitten twice shy!. Sometimes in situations like these you get a gut feeling, but don't act on it because you need the business.

I would of thought with it being a guesthouse as well, she may have a credit card machine for room bookings on the spot, some bars do have them when customers have no baht on them and get payment that way.

I do have sympathy for Emmy, I already stated that.  

You've done your best for she Liverpool, I can't see why you Jomtien members don't chip in and square it up and show "good heart".

If Emmy was doing the figures, or doing stock check on the spirits (maybe displayed behind the bar, she would of had her back turned for quite some time and that's supposedly drivel 555).

As for paying for your beers as you go like fenton says he does . Just  shows what an awkward individual he is. Mr popular in the bars I think not.

I was having a drink with a Kiwi friend, we were drinking all night, his tab came to 10K.  I'd rather not go through slips looking to see if it was padded and arguing the toss.

I'm not awkward Soi Dog, just prefer to have everything square with my check bin and there is nothing wrong that all. Then I can up root and go with no issues, where's the problem with that I like to bar hop?, who cares what you think about me, I don't that's for sure!.

Edited by fenton