Jobe

Pattaya car hire

Rate this topic

I know i can google it but would rather know if anyone has used a local indepedent company .

I normally hire at airport & use National , Thai rental car or Chic but i want my travel plans to be more flexible & i dont want a pre booking . I'm aware of National & Avis in Patts but they're like most the large companys & rely on Foreign booking agents .

Anyone know of or had friends who've used a more flexible company who are not reliant on pre bookings & don't sting you if you give short notice ?

edit . Will be low season October so unavailability shouldn't be a problem

Edited by Jobe

Know from word of mouth this place has a good reputation......ex pat car rentals...... Located on thappraya road right hand side where the traffic lights are  If you were turning left into thepprasit road jomtien. Telephone number(s) 038 252 275 - 038 364 461.

Just found his buisiness card. All cars have first class insurance ( most important) minimum 3 day rental. Got small saloons  such as Honda city or Toyota vios  about 1000b per day. Going up to a Toyota Fortuna which could near to 2000b per day. Think unlimited mileage but check.

Sure he ( Chad) or his staff will oblige with a short notice booking or walk in. As a chap I know has done this needed a car at short notice under 24 hours. Don't think you will have a problem. Especially October. 

If I may just add. If going up the jungle to the wilds and badlands of Issan my preference would be with the big players such as avis / hertz . Customer service  or breakdown back up 24 hours.  Peace of mind. 

Hope this was of some help. Happy motoring. 

Rgds soidog.

On 8/17/2018 at 7:03 AM, soidog said:

Hope this was of some help. Happy motoring. 

Rgds soidog.

Thanks very much soidog . That info was more than I could have hoped for .

I'll stay in Jomtien local to that company .

I really thought I had not had a single reply as since the forum upgrade I've missed replies to my own post as well as posts I've been quoted in . Doh

Used Hertz in Naklua once, took a Fortuner from Pattaya to Chiang Mai and dropped off at CNX.

Walked in and booked it for pick up the following day. Cannot remember the price, was a 2 or 3 years ago so probably wouldnt be relative now anyway but for flexibility it served the purpose.

You can also book at Avis (Dusit hotel) and ThaiRentACar (Hard Rock hotel) on short notice, as long as you don't require a special car.

Have done it myself at ThaiRentACar, however, you might have to wait 30 minutes, as they often transfer the car from somewhere outside.

In high season, an advance booking  is of advantage, because if you are unlucky, all cars might be rented out already... in low or mid season absolutely no problem.

(By the way, the same might hold true in Chiangmai, especially at the weekend in the cold season, when the Bangkok Thai fly up north in droves and think, they will loose face, if they board a Red Car-Songtaeuw.)

Edited by insearchofxxx

On 8/17/2018 at 1:03 PM, soidog said:

If going up the jungle to the wilds and badlands of Issan my preference would be with the big players such as avis / hertz . Customer service  or breakdown back up 24 hours.  Peace of mind. 

IMHO, that's THE big plus for the big players! And it has not to be Nakorn Nowhere ...

I had that once in Chiangrai - car didn't start in the morning, within 20 minutes, the Budget guys showed up, fumbling around in the motor and replacing the battery, didn't work, but brought in a replacement car within 1 hour. ->  Tour plan saved !