Knobby

Cheapest Flight (just for fun)

Rate this topic

I was day dreaming at work today (as we all often do) this day dream was,

If travel time wasnt a big issue whats the cheapest flights that could be booked from Heathrow to Swampy return ?

:huh:

1 hour ago, stacksreg123 said:

Just sign up to newsletters that inform you on travel deals.

I dont know about UK flights, but I got my nonstop return flight from Germany for 350€ for this December during a flash sale.

Yes there's a newsletter Jack's Flight Club that covers UK deals. I've seen business class return for about 600 quid from Manchester before on there I think. Maybe 350 ish on some deal if you're lucky. I don't think it's travel time that's the factor but just getting lucky on some kind of sale really, then it'd be your standard routes.

Just play with Skyscanner...put in various dates and options. It will keep an idiot occupied for hours!

3 hours ago, andycoys said:

My mate has done Oman Air before, but he’s a cheap Charlie ..

his argument is money he saves on flight more money he spends here ..

Flown Oman twice good little airline, easy transit in Muscat and new planes. On par with etihad.

Be well Dave

Except peak season all flights r cheap to Thailand! No reason to take a china airline or an exotic airline. I pay 550 for Thai in december! Afew euros more as one of these chinese airlines.

And not more expensive as one of Allah's airlines!

And i not have camelfuckers on board! Angie gave us enough of them already.

On 11/30/2018 at 11:00 AM, Knobby said:

If travel time wasnt a big issue whats the cheapest flights that could be booked from Heathrow to Swampy return ?

Keep looking on Priceline.com. You can find really good deals here. I just booked a one way from Swampy to U.S.A. for $410 USD/£321.27. in December. I've flown round trip from U.S.A to Swampy recently for as low as $748 USD/£586.11. I suggest just fucking around on Priceline.com with different dates and seeing what you can get. It's always worth a shot. 

Edited by The Dick

some cheap chinese companies have the problem they probably never heared of transfers. even if you continue your trip with the same company to bkk you have to pass immigration, pick up your bag, pass customs. then check in and do it all visa versa. a small delay can be fatal for your connection.

probably corny to say the cheapest flight is a one way ticket.

9 hours ago, housecat said:

some cheap chinese companies have the problem they probably never heared of transfers. even if you continue your trip with the same company to bkk you have to pass immigration, pick up your bag, pass customs. then check in and do it all visa versa. a small delay can be fatal for your connection.

probably corny to say the cheapest flight is a one way ticket.

Most of chinese companies offer huge time connections though from 6 hours to more than a day. 

One way flights are usually cheaper on budget companies as the other airlines usually dont split the ticket in half. 

1 hour ago, carling said:

Yeah I've seen them frank but isn't there a humongous layover time ?

Screenshot_20190308-185616.png

23 minutes ago, frankdrebin said:

Looks like 5 or 6 hours each way - as the old saying goes up to you :)

And as the other saying goes, I've done worse...

The longest layover I've had is in Moscow when I missed a connection and had to wait 4 hours, that was bad enough but as you say up to you 

On 12/1/2018 at 3:00 AM, Knobby said:

if i was in heathrow i wouldnt want a return ticket :Rolling: