Sign in to follow this  
tjw4

hiv paranoia

Rate this topic

Okay so I know this is going to sound stupid to some people..but banged a veteran LB 2 days ago..about 12-24 hours after started to receive acute symptoms but they are very similar to strep throat which I went and got medicine for...but now am freaking out a bit since its the same symptoms.....everything Ive read says acute symptoms take about 2 week minimum but there are cases of much shorter albeit very rare...

Its now been about 40 hours so times ticking...I was the giver, i did not receive...sex lasted about 1-2min max and i faked finishing as i was drunk...it was with a long time famous LB 

Edited by tjw4

have to wait 2 weeks to check for hiv , other still,s are visible much earlier if you thought you had a chance of hiv you could have taken pep within 24 hours of the exposure . nothing you can do now but wait sorry

1 minute ago, penhp said:

have to wait 2 weeks to check for hiv , other still,s are visible much earlier if you thought you had a chance of hiv you could have taken pep within 24 hours of the exposure . nothing you can do now but wait sorry

24 hours is best but u can take it up to 72...thus the urgency i normally would not worry at all but for the symproms..so its just a matter of how normal is it for the symproms to appear this soon..

Dude, you may have a throat infection. But if you did get HIV from the session you described, the symptoms you have are not related. And the chances you got HIV from what you described are very low. So stop freaking yourself out for no reason.

If you develop symptoms 10 to 40 days from now, then you can get concerned.

23 minutes ago, The-Sith said:

Dude, you may have a throat infection. But if you did get HIV from the session you described, the symptoms you have are not related. And the chances you got HIV from what you described are very low. So stop freaking yourself out for no reason.

If you develop symptoms 10 to 40 days from now, then you can get concerned.

ya thats thats how i normally feel too...then i get a scare like this every other trip and always vow to change my habits...

2 hours ago, hellah said:

Very very much more likely she (or anybody else you swapped spit with) infected you with strep throat or something like that.

Yeah or just caught a virus on the flight over, planes and airports are dire for that kind of things.

This is like when you have a little lump on your arm or something and think you have cancer, you're almost certainly fine, get checked for STD at some point like always but don't worry about it. Always use condom, you'll very likely be just ok.

8 hours ago, IRONicMAN said:

The air conditioning at your hotel, and the regurgitated air on the flight over will be the cause.

I never agree with the Argument many people make it but  its likely that i took a red eye over here and it had me sleeping in 3-4 hour cycles for a couple days so I was run down...Ive come here about 30 times and never blamed the AC...its just after youve been given the hiv..u get an acute flu like symptoms normally 2 weeks after..but there are cases where some people get it much sooner...but ya very likely...like I said in the title paranoia....its really just cause it was a long time LB and I always assume they are more likely to have it..

Did you get PEP or not?

At the end of the day there is really only one question you have to ask yourself and that is this. Did I have unprotected anal sex with a male prostitute in Pattaya, a city with a higher than average HIV rate? If you can answer yes to this question then you had an exposure. Doesn't matter if it was 1 minute, 10 minutes or a1 hour session. I would wait a few weeks and get tested. Not much else you can do now, 72 hours is the outer time limit to start PEP.

I agree with others about the symptoms though, could be anything.

7 hours ago, lbshagger said:

Did you get PEP or not?

At the end of the day there is really only one question you have to ask yourself and that is this. Did I have unprotected anal sex with a male prostitute in Pattaya, a city with a higher than average HIV rate? If you can answer yes to this question then you had an exposure. Doesn't matter if it was 1 minute, 10 minutes or a1 hour session. I would wait a few weeks and get tested. Not much else you can do now, 72 hours is the outer time limit to start PEP.

I agree with others about the symptoms though, could be anything.

I did not get it...saved myself the 50k baht...got antibiotics for other symptoms instead and a day later I feel near perfect...the odds are 11/10000 to get it as insertive male, given that it was quick and regular not rough...odds are very low...I will however adjust my behavior..enough of these terrible hungover regrets...the main reason I freaked out abit was cause it was with someone whose been on the scene for many years...Guess I could always offer her 1k to take the test in front of me...if she says no to the free 1k for 10minutes work guess Id have my answer as to whether I was at risk or not...

Mmmmm.     Thats  why I  ALWAYS   carry a little bottle of Listerine   in my Manbag  xxxxx       And a Big One back at the castle of course.                                                           

6 minutes ago, tjw4 said:

I did not get it...saved myself the 50k baht...got antibiotics for other symptoms instead and a day later I feel near perfect...the odds are 11/10000 to get it as insertive male, given that it was quick and regular not rough...odds are very low...I will however adjust my behavior..enough of these terrible hungover regrets...the main reason I freaked out abit was cause it was with someone whose been on the scene for many years...Guess I could always offer her 1k to take the test in front of me...if she says no to the free 1k for 10minutes work guess Id have my answer as to whether I was at risk or not...

Glad you are feeling better. As you say the odds are in your favour. Don't let the 50 k price put you off if it happens again. You can get PEP from a Thai hospital for at least 10 times cheaper than that including tests.

yes the odds are always in our favour 11/10000 but when you do 11/10000 so many times the roll of the dice may at some point strike in that 11 bracket and not the 9989, I will change the habits now though...I am on a 2 night streak of better habits...hopefully god recognizes this and is favorable in his dice roll ;)