mailbox2012

Should I take PrEP before going to Pattaya to protect myself?

Rate this topic

We know that some LBs are on PrEP thus protecting themselves from HIV.  I wonder if we (farangs), their friends-on-time, should also take PrEP to be on a safe side as well?

I have found a general advise that PrEP would be recommendable, inter alia,  for "heterosexual man or woman who does not regularly use condoms during sex with partners of unknown HIV status who are at substantial risk of HIV infection" (https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep.html).

Thus, would that be a way to make our unprotected intercourse safer?

Thanks for your comments.

And this is your first post? Try looking around the forum, and you will find the answers you seek, Grasshopper.

I wouldn't rely on ladyboys using prep, also prep only protects against HIV which isn't the worse thing out there to catch these days, HIV can be treated but I've seen about some strains of gonorreah that is untreatable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I finally  got a prescription from my physician  for 90 pills of truvada(PrEP) and picked up my first 30 today..I will not need all 90 pills because  I have a short 8 day holiday in July in pattaya...if anyone, who has had the approval of their doctor  to take truvada, wants  to purchase 30 from me in an unopened  bottle with the truvada  label on it,please  PM me and I will bring it along with me in july.  

Edited by spooky60

On 2/9/2019 at 2:45 AM, mailbox2012 said:

We know that some LBs are on PrEP thus protecting themselves from HIV.  I wonder if we (farangs), their friends-on-time, should also take PrEP to be on a safe side as well?

I have found a general advise that PrEP would be recommendable, inter alia,  for "heterosexual man or woman who does not regularly use condoms during sex with partners of unknown HIV status who are at substantial risk of HIV infection" (https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/prep.html).

Thus, would that be a way to make our unprotected intercourse safer?

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, of course.

But, how about just "Jerking Off"

Oh, right, One could just stay at home.

Ok, how about this?

Use Condoms.

:)

Edited by Thaiman12
Just as an aside, you people don't actually give a fuck about yourselves, or your Providers, do you? Because for YOU, it's all about YOU.

Although it has been discussed all over the forum I think its a great idea to take Prep before a trip to Pattaya.

It really is a extra layer of protection, on top of covering up. If it doesnt hurt you then why not take it. 

I will personnaly being doing the same in future trips.

18 minutes ago, Smoothcharlie said:

Although it has been discussed all over the forum I think its a great idea to take Prep before a trip to Pattaya.

It really is a extra layer of protection, on top of covering up. If it doesnt hurt you then why not take it. 

I will personnaly being doing the same in future trips.

I dispute that.

I think what you term as an "Extra Layer Of Protection"

Has just been reduced to the only layer of "Protection" for B.M.s like you.

Who, whilst espousing the aforementioned "Extra Layer".

Are, it seems, not up with their posting, in terms of accurately typing what they are defending in the first place.

Let me extrapolate.

If One posts like a retard, then One would assume that said "retard" would NOT adhere to any, or all rules surrounding safe sex in Pattaya or LOS.

Thus, all plans, duly tabled are moot. Let me explain why.

It is not because this B.M. advocates what He/She is advocating.

It is because those who follow after cannot be sure that He/ She held up their end.

Thus this....."Extra Layer"?

Really?

Edited by Thaiman12
This, truly is a time to be Selfish.

Thaiman

You seem to know alot about me based on the term extra layer. I think you are wrong in your assessment, however I wont argue with you. I doubt its a good use of my time.

However, based on your contributions to this site I am amazed at how much you know. I find it difficult to comprehend how one human being could learn all that you have learnt in one life time

RESPECT!!!!

Just now, Smoothcharlie said:

Thaiman

You seem to know alot about me based on the term extra layer. I think you are wrong in your assessment, however I wont argue with you. I doubt its a good use of my time.

However, based on your contributions to this site I am amazed at how much you know. I find it difficult to comprehend how one human being could learn all that you have learnt in one life time

RESPECT!!!!

Well, truth be told.

I don't give a toss about you, except to say take good care of Yourself. Because if you don't, then I won't.

Given what you have tabled.

What I give a toss about is the unstable ladder surrounding the purporting of "Safety Nets".

This is inherently flawed.

How do I know this?

Because it has always been so.

Always.

On 2/27/2019 at 4:57 AM, aboutTown said:

I wouldn't rely on ladyboys using prep, also prep only protects against HIV which isn't the worse thing out there to catch these days, HIV can be treated but I've seen about some strains of gonorreah that is untreatable.

Gonorreah isn't deadly...

A bad case of Gono in the 80's (NYC of course) made me a permanent convert to rubbers.  Never caught anything nasty since. 

Gono felt like I was pissing fishhooks for 3 days until the meds kicked in.  Untreatable fishhook pissing sounds worse than death. 

"Why does it hurt when I pee?" - Frank Zappa   :ThumbsDown:

Edited by DDengler