Peterbilt

Pakistani airspace closed

Rate this topic

As someone mentioned above Thai re-routes flights Europe <--> Thailand over China now.  My flight yesterday was cancelled but was rebooked for today.  Flight was 1 hour longer than normal and a bit more crowded than normal.  

BKK airport was not more busy than normal,  about 10 min waiting in Immigration.

10 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

I was just chatting to my mate Imran ( a BM on here ) and he said its likely to be back to normal by midday 

so local media have said.

Media is saying Pakistan airspace will be reopened at 1300 today (Friday) - that must be Pakistan time.

btw thanks for confirming Imran is real, I had suspected he was another of the suspect multi-identities on the forum.

2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Media is saying Pakistan airspace will be reopened at 1300 today (Friday) - that must be Pakistan time.

btw thanks for confirming Imran is real, I had suspected he was another of the suspect multi-identities on the forum.

He is real , he is a good mate of mine and we chat most days on Line .

He is yet to dabble in the ladyboy world but is very keen , so any help to him would be great 

I just found a NOTAM on flightradar24.com saying that the airspace remains closed until March 4th, 8:00 UTC

Anyway, my flight to BKK has been completely messed up by TG. Flight has been cancelled and so has my planned vacation.

notam.png

Edited by Peterbilt

1 hour ago, Peterbilt said:

I just found a NOTAM on flightradar24.com saying that the airspace remains closed until March 4th, 8:00 UTC

Anyway, my flight to BKK has been completely messed up by TG. Flight has been cancelled and so has my planned vacation.

notam.png

Where are you flying from and how has your flight been messed up by TG???

I take it TG is Thai Airlines..... they are not responsible of what happened between the two countries concerned....they are working with China to use their airspace for their flights.

Going by your NOTAM... it is saying that the airspace is not closed …. it is still operating in a reduced activity.... in fact some International airports there are still open with restricted access. 

16 minutes ago, ausmagoo said:

Where are you flying from and how has your flight been messed up by TG???

I take it TG is Thai Airlines..... they are not responsible of what happened between the two countries concerned....they are working with China to use their airspace for their flights.

Going by your NOTAM... it is saying that the airspace is not closed …. it is still operating in a reduced activity.... in fact some International airports there are still open with restricted access. 

I think what he meant was for over flights. According to that Notam only flights operating to those airports have been allowed to operate and even for that they have restricted entry and exit points.

But I think this Notam will be cancelled tomorrow and they will open the air space for over flights.

As for TG, yes they are not responsible for clearance of their over flights and it seems China has opened their air space for TG flights.

7 minutes ago, stoolpusher said:

This is the latest pic from " flightaware.com " .

eight planes , so there is some air traffic .

5.PNG

Airports close to northern borders will be open by 4th March so everything will be normal.

On 2/27/2019 at 11:56 PM, Botafogo said:

It’s interesting, the BA flight, LHR-BKK (B777) is currently on-route and schedule to land on time while flying a more southerly route. Yet both Thai & EVA have grounded their aircraft in both directions.

The retuning BA flight BKK-LHR has stopped in Bucharest, presumably to re-fuel.

Thai airways did not have flying rights over the Gulf and China areas en route to and from Europe.

So on day 1 they could not re-route due to short notice, hence all flights cancelled and planes grounded.

Edited by Scottiem1954

The closure of the pakistani airspace continues at least until May 30th, 2019. :Angry(WithTeeth):
Only one transit route in the south of Pakistan is available, while the usual routes from India remain closed.

PAKISTAN-ROUTES-1-1024x683.jpg

A0532/19 (Issued for OPKR OPLR)
PAKISTAN AIRSPACE WILL REMAIN CLOSED FOR ALL OVERFLYING (TRANSIT) FLIGHTS TILL 30TH MAY 2019,TIME 1000 UTC (EST) EXCEPT THE FOLLOWING ATS ROUTES:
01) PURPA DCT 3550N07210E DCT PS G325 KALAT G452 DERBO AND VICE VERSA
02) PURPA DCT 3550N07210E DCT PS G325 PG G665 ASVIB AND VICE VERSA
03) PURPA DCT 3550N07210E DCT PS G325 JI-METBI/EGRON AND VICE VERSA
04) PURPA DCT 3550N07210E DCT PS G325 PG T385 TAPDO
05) APELO B505 PG G325 PS DCT 3550N07210E DCT PURPA
06) ALPOR M504 TELEM
07) SAPNA DCT TAPDO AS CONTINGENCY CONNECTIVITY FOR WEST BOUND FLIGHTS ON 24 HRS BASIS
08) TRANSIT FLIGHTS ARE ALSO PERMITTED ON ROUTE SEGMENT SERKA-KALAT AND VICE VERSA
09) PIRAN A453 GADER AND VICE VERSA
10) KABIM DCT TAPDO AND VICE VERSA AS BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTINGENCY CONNECTIVITY FOR TRANSIT FLIGHTS ON 24HRS BASIS
11) ALPOR G216 LAKIV N894 TELEM CHECK MUMBAI FIR NOTAMS FOR CONTINUITY IN INDIAN AIRSPACE.
SFC – UNL, 14 MAY 13:00 2019 UNTIL 30 MAY 10:00 2019 ESTIMATED. CREATED: 14 MAY 14:46 2019