Rate this topic

Ate a hamburger at Rosie O' Gradys on Soi 7 ... 3 hours later went to Hospital with food poisoning.   :Vom:    Doctors at the International hospital on Soi 4 were excellent 10/10.  Not enough baht on me to pay and found they will convert AUD ...  overall cost was 2400 bt including takeaway oral meds.

I feel sorry for you mate. You would think that you would be safe eating from there but you never can tell. Years ago a 36 year old Swede died in Pattaya after eating an oyster. I always eat farang food at I rovers in LK Metro, or retox Soi Lengkee and touchwood, haven't had a problem. Get well soon my friend.

12 minutes ago, jeje said:

I feel sorry for you mate. You would think that you would be safe eating from there but you never can tell. Years ago a 36 year old Swede died in Pattaya after eating an oyster. I always eat farang food at I rovers in LK Metro, or retox Soi Lengkee and touchwood, haven't had a problem. Get well soon my friend.

Thank you .... this was in late Feb. Doctor said making myself vomit was a good idea to get the shit out.

I took my dad on this trip and had to stay next to Central festival/Hilton due to his walking disability  ... Soi Lengkee area would have been my choice to stay.   :)

Ate a hamburger at Rosie O' Gradys on Soi 7 ... 3 hours later went to Hospital with food poisoning.   :Vom:    Doctors at the International hospital on Soi 4 were excellent 10/10.  Not enough baht on me to pay and found they will convert AUD ...  overall cost was 2400 bt including takeaway oral meds.
Thats a diet burger.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Tapatalk

I once had food poisoning in Phuket when I ate a subway sandwich. it was the worst thing ever. the local Medical facility did a great job but I puked at the sidewalk accidentally  got all the poison out and felt sooo much better they still charged me around 2k baht 

Never bothered with Subway in Thailand after this incident 

Edited by Jassem
added words

Food poisoning is the same in every country, 3 people can eat the same food and 1 can be affected ,it's very strange how that works or the hole crowd can come down with a dose of the squirty bums. 

I also had a bout of food poisoning last trip, hit me for six for two days.  Saved some money though for the next trip out :-). Shit happens.

I found it hard to get the energy to move out of the hotel room, I drank plenty of water, but no food (4-5 hrs to actually get out). Next time I'm packing a pot noodle to jump start me :-).

You have my sympathy Tuco.

Nice to see you posting again :-)

I had food poisoning once in pattaya about ten years ago, i was shopping along beach road and went in KFC for a bite to eat, the following day fuck was i ill, i was,nt sick but like you fenton i could,nt leave my hotel room for a whole two days, my arse was a tap, i just drank water for two days, to get it out of my system, it was only when i felt i could fart with confidence that i could go out, iv,e never had a KFC since not even at home in england, put me off for life.

From what I have read it is mostly peoples shit in the food you eat.

A McDonalds touch screen in the USA was tested and was found to be highly contaminated with peoples shit.     :smokelots: 

A McDonalds touch screen in the USA was tested and was found to be highly contaminated with peoples shit.     :smokelots:

Yes, seen those screens at the Avenue McDonalds.  I don't go near them for the same reason.  Watch out for door handles on the bogs as well.

21 hours ago, LWFM said:

i dont eat in the irish pubs. i got food poisoning at the one in jungceylong from a hamburger as well. and two other times at ones in bkk. eat street food never got sick, but i stay away from the sauces , they reuse and they sit there for a long time. 

I caught the norovirus on a cruise with my future ex-wife once.  36 hours of misery, mostly on the shitter.  Felt like someone had wire-brushed my asshole afterwards.

Back in the day in Olongapo a shipmate caught amebic dysentery.  He had the pot munchies one night and ate a bunch of under cooked street kebabs and who knows what else.  He was normally a fat fucker but for the next 10 days he laid in his rack, with frequent runs to the head and shit away 18 lbs.  I've rarely seen anyone as miserable.

Edited by DDengler

19 minutes ago, DDengler said:

I caught the norovirus on a cruise with my future ex-wife once.  36 hours of misery, mostly on the shitter.  Felt like someone had wire-brushed my asshole afterwards.

Back in the day in Olongapo a shipmate caught amebic dysentery.  He had the pot munchies one night and ate a bunch of under cooked street kebabs and who knows what else.  He was normally a fat fucker but for the next 10 days he laid in his rack, with frequent runs to the head and shit away 18 lbs.  I've rarely seen anyone as miserable.

I wish I could lose 18 lbs but not that way. 

Had a crab at what was a good restaurant up north. with in 20 mins was bad, only got the car home safe then 5 days in The Ram Hospital

£1200 cost and only £850 back on insurance

taught me to stay away from crab, Hoi and shell fish in Thailand now stick to chicken and pork

funny had the same with crab in Bkk in 1976

But hear lot of people are bad from the international fast food operations, might look good but the hygiene is nothing compared to our countries - am sure the street outlets are better as it is fresh and cooked through well - now I am very careful what I eat.

Was so bad it was a good job my ex had my cash to pay hospital up front, noway I could have dealt with a credit card

2 minutes ago, annat said:

Had a crab at what was a good restaurant up north. with in 20 mins was bad, only got the car home safe then 5 days in The Ram Hospital

£1200 cost and only £850 back on insurance

taught me to stay away from crab, Hoi and shell fish in Thailand now stick to chicken and pork

funny had the same with crab in Bkk in 1976

But hear lot of people are bad from the international fast food operations, might look good but the hygiene is nothing compared to our countries - am sure the street outlets are better as it is fresh and cooked through well - now I am very careful what I eat.

Was so bad it was a good job my ex had my cash to pay hospital up front, noway I could have dealt with a credit card

Yep...nothing worse than a bad dose of the crabs! 555

This shit happened to me only once in 30 years travelling to Thailand.
I eat almost everything and everywhere. Unidentifiable stuff in Issan, BKK streetfood. Bugs.
What really had me was a bean soup at Sailor Bar in Soi 8. I started vomiting 30 minutes after I left and had the shits for almost a week.

taught me to stay away from crab

Crab is ok, but always pepare yourself, just the meat, not the dead men's fingers or any other wierd shit like the liver.

1 week ago, i eat pork schnitzel in small Thai restaurant, it was closed 2 days, so i had to know, not eat there the first days.
But i did, in that night go Memoral Hospital, keep me there for 30 hours.

Infusion me a lot.

So my body down from antibiotica for some time.....

ow and Hospital bill arround 30.000 baht.

Edited by ladylotus

I got food poisoning several times on my early trips in over 13 years. Not so much anymore but did have a bout last winter (under cooked chicken?). With the type of food poisoning I've had after I vomit and get the crap out of my stomach I take 500 mg of generic Zithromax (Azycin). If I can keep it down usually within 10-15 minutes my stomach starts making lots of strange noises and after about two hours the noise stops and I start getting better. Not all food poisoning is the same but it works with what I usually get. But some of the cases mentioned here sound extreme.  

Edited by Len Dtuut

On 3/27/2019 at 2:13 PM, stoolpusher said:

Food poisoning is the same in every country, 3 people can eat the same food and 1 can be affected ,it's very strange how that works or the hole crowd can come down with a dose of the squirty bums. 

I hear ya

I don't get the "hospital required" food poisoning sick but every trip, usually by the 3rd week, I end up spending more time in the bathroom and eating imodium. I try to be sensible where I eat but you really never know. I'm sure a lot has to do with not being a native and resistance to certain bacteria. Still only an inconvenience and not enough to deter my desire to go to Thailand 

I take charcoal tablets too, plus garlic or oregano oil tablets, and order my drinks without ice. Never had a bad case of the squirts since starting this regimen.