Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Twest said:

I hear ya

I don't get the "hospital required" food poisoning sick but every trip, usually by the 3rd week, I end up spending more time in the bathroom and eating imodium. I try to be sensible where I eat but you really never know. I'm sure a lot has to do with not being a native and resistance to certain bacteria. Still only an inconvenience and not enough to deter my desire to go to Thailand 

I have been lucky there , no poisoning but did have the squirty bums but these pill stopped it with in 20 minutes and I was back to it but I did feel ok.

Same me about the hospital stay , I never had to do it here at home 

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:21 AM, markm said:

i dont eat in the irish pubs. i got food poisoning at the one in jungceylong from a hamburger as well. and two other times at ones in bkk. eat street food never got sick, but i stay away from the sauces , they reuse and they sit there for a long time. 

Lost 3 days of the trip before last, the culprit was almost certainly a blue cheese sauce served up with my steak at a well known steakhouse.   Later that night I  knew I was in trouble after the 3rd run to the toilet in a few hours and then the vomiting started too.   Been back to the steakhouse but wont go near the sauces anywhere again.

The other case of once bitten was the salami pizza they warm up in WS, not sure its still there but was on the corner of Soi Diamond, literally the only time in my life I couldn't physically hold it in with arse clenched to maximum,  just as I made it to my room.   Had to hose down the bathroom, another 5 seconds and the lift would not have been a pretty site.

Some of this could also be related to the bum gun. Not that it would make you puke like food poisoning, but I think putting Thai water up your ass is the same as drinking it....except instead of puking, you can get a stomach ache and maybe the squirts.

28 minutes ago, The-Sith said:

Some of this could also be related to the bum gun. Not that it would make you puke like food poisoning, but I think putting Thai water up your ass is the same as drinking it....except instead of puking, you can get a stomach ache and maybe the squirts.

Wrong.

:)

On 3/27/2019 at 11:20 AM, Jassem said:

I once had food poisoning in Phuket when I ate a subway sandwich. it was the worst thing ever. the local Medical facility did a great job but I puked at the sidewalk accidentally  got all the poison out and felt sooo much better they still charged me around 2k baht 

Never bothered with Subway in Thailand after this incident 

i had the meatball sandwich from Subway in Patong on the beachroad...never been so sick in my life ..eat it at round 11 pm..go back room and go sleep..wake up at 3 am everything ok until i sit up in bed...just remember the scene from "The Exorcist" ... been sick for 3 days...

In my experience its not the food that's the problem but the germs on the staffs fingers when they add uncooked stuff like cucumber etc to the cooked meals I only eat.

I had a just made it to the Bog experience this last trip and four days of stomach pains etc.  A consequence I feel sure of staffs infected hands touching the food

Let's be careful out there

5 hours ago, CUDY4 said:

In my experience its not the food that's the problem but the germs on the staffs fingers when they add uncooked stuff like cucumber etc to the cooked meals I only eat.

I had a just made it to the Bog experience this last trip and four days of stomach pains etc.  A consequence I feel sure of staffs infected hands touching the food

Let's be careful out there

I've had a bad stomach for the past few days , pains and cramps but not any diahorea or vomiting . I am pretty sure it started after I ate the Noodle Soup we regularly have from the food cart on our Soi ..she closed for about three days last weekend and I went there when she reopened . In hindsight it didn't taste nor smell as clean as usual (bit fishy ) ...I didn't realise until I had eaten half of it then left half . I wonder if it was because she was closed and  she kept food stock too long ? It's put me off returning there .......

Ref CUDY's remarks above 

It always amuses me how some  guys are paranoid  that we may eat food contaminated by dirty hands , or touch a door handle in the toilet , or the seat , drink bottled water , avoid ice cubes etc etc ....then half of us go out , pick up a stranger and literally "eat his ass" and yet never seem to attribute our bad digestions to that practice .......... go figure 

Edited by LordJim

32 minutes ago, LordJim said:

I've had a bad stomach for the past few days , pains and cramps but not any diahorea or vomiting . I am pretty sure it started after I ate the Noodle Soup we regularly have from the food cart on our Soi ..she closed for about three days last weekend and I went there when she reopened . In hindsight it didn't taste nor smell as clean as usual (bit fishy ) ...I didn't realise until I had eaten half of it then left half . I wonder if it was because she was closed and  she kept food stock too long ? It's put me off returning there .......

Ref CUDY's remarks above 

It always amuses me how some  guys are paranoid  that we may eat food contaminated by dirty hands , or touch a door handle in the toilet , or the seat etc ....then half of us go out at night , pick up a stranger and literally "eat his ass" , but never seem to attribute our bad digestions to that practice .......... go figure 

Lord Jim I often eat up your neck of the woods in that restaurant on Soi 5. The one that has doubled in size since it opened. Never had a bad meal mate. 

33 minutes ago, jeje said:

Lord Jim I often eat up your neck of the woods in that restaurant on Soi 5. The one that has doubled in size since it opened. Never had a bad meal mate. 

There are a few on Soi 5 ...do you mean the one adjacent to the food/veg  market ? 

It is good  and very reasonably priced .......and also never had any issues there .

Edit 

I am referring to Soi 5 Pratumnak ...

Edited by LordJim

1 hour ago, LordJim said:

There are a few on Soi 5 ...do you mean the one adjacent to the food/veg  market ? 

It is good  and very reasonably priced .......and also never had any issues there .

Edit 

I am referring to Soi 5 Pratumnak ...

Yes. Soi 5 Pratumnak and it's next to an Italian restaurant. The next cross street is in the Kinnaree area mate. 

Edited by jeje

1 hour ago, stephen1 said:

Is it Soi 5 Pratumnak or Pattaya ?

Soi 5 Pratumnak Stephen. Started as a single fronted place and has now doubled in size due to popularity. Next door to an Italian restaurant.

Edited by jeje