Sign in to follow this  
lockedout

Blocked by anti-virus from signing in as the login page has malware

After a browser update I was asked to go through manual sign-in for the first time in ages. My anti-virus then blocked the login page saying it had malware. This happened on clicking Sign In within the pop-up dialog after entering user/password. 

I could see the site was active so others were using it fine. I could also see the forum topic listing as a non-member. It was only the login dialog which my anti-virus complained about. No issue was reported on the sister site pattaya addicts. I was made to sign in again there too.

Can someone look into whether there genuinely is malware on the site? In the meantime I still can't log into my usual account (scorchio). Be careful about signing out. You will not be able to sign in f you use the samme anti-virus as me. It is the free version of Avast.

It looked like I could create a post in this sub-forum as a non-member to report the issue. It then forced me to register an account. Now that is approved I was logged in automatically without having to go through the Sign In dialog. So I am in now but with limited access for a new member. 

What anti-virus are you using? Probably a false positive...  

Edit: oh Avast I have that and it seems fine.

Edited by WingWong

Recently somebody on here had a similar warning. A tech savvy board member pointed to the forum protocol and something to do with the difference between http and HTTPS and certificates. I have no clue about it and can't find the post now. I would look into your browser settings, possibly an option to allow the forum to be accessed without scanning. I get warnings on some sites but do have the option to continue.  Different browser, different security level.

As my browser is cleared each time I close it, I have to log in to LBP each day. For the last fortnight my AVG anti virus has blocked access when going to the log in screen (both Firefox and Chrome) due to Malware: Blacklist. I think it is a false positive as I checked a couple of Blacklist registers and the log in URL is not listed.

To get around it I open up my AVG, click 'Web and Email" box then turn off Web Shield using 10 minute option (it will ask for confirmation) then I log in and immediately turn back on Web Shield so I am only unprotected for the few seconds it takes to log in.

Yes I had same problem AVG did an upgrade and I was having this problem - went into AVG and to block exception and typed this forum address and no problems since

Had same problem for a few days was going to see what they were saying and post it on site on my phone on technology and IT forum to help me .Some strange reason all is great again good to be back in the saddle again

Thanks to everyone who replied. The info was helpful.

The Avast dialog didn't say what the malware was. It sounded like the URL had been blacklisted previously. As you were convinced the site was clean I reported it to Avast as a false positive. They have replied since to say it was checked and its reputation has been cleared in their database. I can login to my normal account now without disabling any protection. It should be clear for all Avast users too.

• Like 1

AVG did an upgrade Monday night (Syd Aus time) and still had the problem yesterday, however, another update on Tuesday night has fixed the problem as logged in problem free a few minutes ago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drover's Dog said:

AVG did an upgrade Monday night (Syd Aus time) and still had the problem yesterday, however, another update on Tuesday night has fixed the problem as logged in problem free a few minutes ago.

I had this issue for a couple of weeks. The forum's site was blacklisted and I couldn't get on using my PC (I could with phone). Happily it's resolved now, normal service resumed :).

• Like 1