Jump to content


Advanced Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


OzzyC last won the day on April 20 2018

OzzyC had the most liked content!


About OzzyC

  • Rank
    LB Connoisseur
  • Birthday 01/03/1972

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    In Pattaya Soon...
  • Interests
    You know...

Recent Profile Visitors

2,713 profile views
  1. Hi mate yes I agree I always use cash now. I booked a few hotels with my commonwealth MasterCard they slugged me I think $24 a go? Any wonder they make a zillion. Wheels up 27 this month a week in Hua Hin then Pattaya haven’t travelled for 2 years thanks to Centrelink... aged pension. So looking forward to a good month. Take care

  2. At Patnya, yeah I wouldn't do it too many times as it gets recorded in the system and next time they might check to see if you are a repeat offender like they did with me cause the date you are supposed to leave is stamped there. I do have an ugly mug so they asked if I had done it before, too me to another desk, big boss lady.
  3. Man, fuck this thread ! You guys made me so paranoid that I had to go pull the passport out of the safe
  4. I agree with Jimbo and Banache Space that it is a mistake. The VISA EXEMPTION RULE allows tourists from 55 countries1 to enter Thailand without a visa. They are granted to stay a maximum of 30 days if they are entering Thailand via an international airport or entering through a land border checkpoint from neighboring countries and here are the countries for anybody that wants to look. http://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/changes-visa-exempt.php
  5. Yes I took another read of my post and I can see what you mean, you are right. Yes similar here, for a multiple entry visa they want to see 200.000 baht equivalent and as Zeppo stated, it must be different for every country as the form for my application was specific to my local embassy. https://thaiconsulatesydney.org/docs/forms/visitor-visa/visa-application-form.pdf
  6. What is there to be confused about? I applied for the 60 day visa in Australia at the local Thai Embassy, I now have the option to extend another 30 days more when I get to Thailand... I was only really planning on staying 60 days anyway so I could have entered Thailand on the 30 day visa exempt status and then applied for another 30 days there making it 60 but by doing it back home, I can now extend to 90 days, it was just additional info for people wondering what the difference is in doing it in Thailand or doing it at home before you leave.
  7. To bring the thread back on track, I finally found the time to do the extension visa at home rather than in Thailand. The good points about doing it at your local Thai Embassy back home is that it is cheaper, here it cost $55 aud (1320 baht) as supposed to 1900 baht in Thailand. Of course my local Thai Embassy is a 5 minute drive away. The bad points, I had to provide a bank statement showing at least 20.000 baht in the account, you have to let them know of your work situation and employer, you have to show confirmed hotel bookings. In my opinion, I know a lot of bums go to Thailand but I think its a bit too much for a 60 day visa when there are certain countries like Brazil who get an automatic 90 day visa. Obviously they are not confirming my place of work but I still think its a bit too much, I mean its Thailand FFS, not Monaco ! It also takes 3 business days, they have my passport now and I'll have to go back and pick it up where as in Thailand, its done on the day. For any Australians out there wanting to do it, here's the website. https://thaiconsulatesydney.org/en/visas So I will now have a 60 day visa with the option to extend for a further 30 more days in Thailand for another 1900 baht, making it a 90 day visa.
  8. I haven't done this type of visa and you might not get a good answer here as the heading of the thread is different, there are some helpful threads and many expats living in Thailand who can answer your questions. This is what I was able to find though, its very similar to the above but a little more indepth on how to go about it including the part about your income; Retirement Non-Immigrant Visa O-A (Long-term Stay)Also called a Retirement Visa, the Non-Immigrant O-A-Long-term Visa lets you stay in Thailand for 1 year and can be renewed every year with the same requirements. You can apply for a retirement visa if you are 50 years old and above, have no criminal record in your country of residence and in Thailand, have no prohibitive disease, and have the following financial requirements: Copies of bank statements showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 baht in a Thai bank account Notarized bank statement copies that show income of not less than 65,000 baht, plus an affidavit from the foreign embassy or consulate as proof of income A combination of a deposit account and a monthly income in totaling at least 800,000 baht In some cases, additional documents such as an updated passbook, a bank letter confirming your funds were deposited from a foreign source not less than 2 months from the date of application, health certificate, and police clearance may be required. Retirement visa holders are prohibited from engaging in any type of work. The retirement visa can be single- or multiple-entry, costs US 200 dollars, and can be applied for in your home country or in Thailand. Retirement visa holders are also required to do 90 day reporting at the nearest immigration office in the area of residence and/or nearby police station. Please note that requirements for each nationality can be different. 1-Year Stay and Extension Based on Retirement You can apply for a 1-year stay and extension based on retirement in two ways: Applying for a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa – This visa grants you a 1-year stay straightaway, but it should be applied for in your home country. It’s best to check if the Thai embassy in your home country issues this visa as not all Thai embassies or consulates grant a 1-year O-A visa. Applying for an initial Non-Immigrant O Visa and extension – The initial non-immigrant O visa is valid only for 90 days and should be obtained in your home country, but the application for the 1-year extension can be done in Thailand, which should be done within the last 30 days of your 90-day stay. Suppose you have a non-immigrant O visa granted on January 1 valid until March 30. In this scenario, you can apply for a retirement visa anywhere from March 1-30. If you choose this option, you are required to present proof of address. This extra 1 year is not to be confused with, and should not be referred to as, an extension because a visa extension means a conversion of the Non-immigrant O single-entry visa, which is valid for 90 days, to a 1-year retirement visa, done at the immigration office. You can apply as early as 45 days before the expiry of that extra 1 year stamp inside Thailand to extend your stay for 1 year. Your other option is to apply for another O-A visa from your home country.
  9. Application must be done at the Thai Embassy, this can be done where you live regardless of passport since you have residency, the application can also be done in Thailand but it is said that it can be easier done back home, have a read... Requirements for a Non Immigrant Visa ‘O-A” (Retirement) Must be 50 years of age or over. Passport (must have at least 1 year (18 months preferred) remaining until it expires Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year. Holding the nationality or permanent residence of country of application Proof of Financial requirement Letter from Bank showing proof of deposits Employment of any kind is strictly prohibited (including volunteer work). Eligibility for Retirement Visa Applicant must be aged 50 years and over (on the day of submitting application). Applicant not prohibited from entering the Kingdom as provided by the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979). Having no criminal record in Thailand or in the country of his/her nationality, or the country of his/her residence. Not having prohibitive diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No 14 B.E. 2535. You must have at least 18 months validity on your current Passport Documents Required for your 1st VisaIf applying from outside Thailand you may need 4 copies. If applying from inside Thailand you may only need 1 or 2 copies A – Application For VISA form TM 7 (Original + 4 copies) B – Photo’s – (Passport-type photo, 2” x 2”, color, front-view, taken within 6 months, and write your name and last name on the back of each photo). They never check the photo for signature, but it is the law. C – Copies of your Passport (every page) Sign every page D – Copies of Personal Data Form – Click Here to Download Form E – Copies of Bank statement. Deposit verification letter from your bank (if already here) stating the balance of your savings account (800,000 Baht). Normal cost about 100 to 200 baht. This letter must not be older than 7 days. OR A Notarized Affidavit of Income from your Embassy, with a monthly salary of no less than 65,000 Baht (US cost ($50) US Form download form. This form can not be older than 6 months OR Combination of Bank Account and Income over 12 months = 800,000 Baht OR If you are married to a Thai National you need an Income Certificate with a monthly salary of no less than 40,000 Baht. A Thai Bank account showing a reasonable amount is also required. If you are applying using 800,000 Baht+ to meet financial resources: a. First (Initial) Application – Needs to show funds have been on deposit at least 2 months before applying. b. Subsequent (renewal) Application – Needs to show funds have been on deposit for at least 3 months before applying. F – 4 copies of Police Clearance (Must be notarized) Stating the applicant has no criminal record (issued by the authority concerned of his/her nationality or residence. The verification must be no older than 3 months. This Police Clearance applies only when applying from outside of Thailand and is not required when applying from here G – 4 copies of a Medical Certificate. When Issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (Leprosy, Tuberculosis [T.B], Elephantiasis, Drug addiction, Alcoholism, 3rd step of syphilis) with the name and address of the doctor. (the certificate must be valid no more than 3 months) NOTE: 1) Medical Certificate – This is not required if the VISA is applied for or accomplished inside Thailand 2) If you are applying for your first retirement VISA in Thailand, you will first be issued an “O” VISA. Then you return to immigration 3 months later, with the same paperwork, to get an “OA” VISA 3) The marriage certificate must be presented as evidence if the applicant wishes to have his/ her spouse stay together in the Kingdom. But if his /her spouse is not qualified for the retirement VISA the spouse will be considered for the Non-Immigrant Visa Type “O” or Temporary Resident Re-Entry Permits (Single 1000 Baht, Multiply 3800 Baht)When you arrive in Thailand your Retirement Visa is good for one year (requiring 90 day reporting). Often you might want to use Thailand as your base and travel to other parts of Asia, or be able to return home in case of emergencies or special events. Leaving the country without obtaining a re-entry permit will make your Visa void, and you will have to apply again. You can apply for a re-entry permit (single or multiply) when you apply for your retirement Visa, or during your stay here in Thailand. Documents Required for Re-Entry Permit to Thailand Form TM8 First page of Passport showing picture Passport page showing latest VISA stamp Passport page showing expiration date of passport Copy of Arrival Card (your passport may have the Departure Card) 1 photo – Passport-type photo, 2” x 2”, color, front-view, taken within 6 months, and write your name and last name on the back of each photo NOTE: A Multiple Entry Permit is only good until the expiration date of your current VISA. There is not much point purchasing a multiply re-entry permit for example if you only have a few months left on your current retirement Visa and you intend to be out of the country for longer than a month. Now you are in Thailand, what are your Visa Obligations?90 day Reporting Every 90 days you will be required to check in with Immigration for your 90 day reporting. This is essentially letting the Thai government (via Immigration Office) that you are still residing in Thailand. All this information was copied from this site, I hope that helps. https://chiangmaibuddy.com/how-to-get-a-retirement-visa-in-thailand/
  10. Thanks for the post and I realize that its getting off topic now so apologies to all, yes it is a concern for me at the moment and Im going to see if I can get a day off from work to do the visa back home before I depart because if Emirates are checking as you said, then Im fucked as Im flying with their partner Qantas and they want a $225 change fee but so far over the last 7-8 flights, they've never checked. The last time I extended my visa in Jomtien was in January 2016 and I cannot remember if I ended up changing/extending my flight after the visa got approved or if I already had a ticket bought that was over 30 days with a return date. BUT, I do know that I went to Jomtien 2 days before my visa expired, I dont think I waited until getting my visa to change my flight meaning Im almost sure that trip, my return flight was way over the 30 day mark. The only information I can get is that you must have a return ticket, no info about if it has to be within the visa period, worse case scenario I can book BKK to Siem Reap for $88 at the airport if they create any problems for me, much cheaper than the Qantas change fee. I will keep you guys updated on what I do within the next week and/or what happens to me.
  11. Well 2 trips ago I posted in my trip report that they sent me away, wanting a hotel receipt and business card attached to the receipt, so I went back to the hotel and got it, the next day I went back again, the trip after that I actually got the visa extension back home but now my local embassy in Sydney wants hotel bookings and money in the bank, I just dont have the time as the turn around is 3 business days so I'll do it when I get there. Obviously things are always changing in Thailand, the law states that ; "The law has actually been in effect for many years now and works along with the hotel act of 2005. When a foreigner on holiday checks into a hotel, the proprietor must make a copy of their passport details, their visa and their TM card. This information must then be forwarded to the immigration department. In recent years this system has been updated so the proprietors can register their guests with immigration via an online registration system, anyone who offers accommodations must register their foreign guests with the immigration department. Ongoing non-compliance can be costly for the private property owner. Fines are around 1,600 Baht for every instance of non-registration and can add up quickly as guests come and go. For houses and condos, the responsibility lies with the home-owner to register a non-Thai national staying on the premises within 24 hours of the time of their arrival with the local immigration office." But there's always a grey area in Thailand when it comes to the laws and enforcing them and I have found that in my experience, each government official acts and treats you differently. Last time I was in Jomtien, I was dressed like a bum I guess so I got treated like one, the next day I put on a pair of jeans and decent shirt, things seemed to go smoother, maybe Im being paranoid..... Lastly, my return flight is 60 days later so I hope I dont get stopped at Suvarnabhumi, telling me that Ive only got a 30 day visa but a return date of 60 days later
  12. I think what Banach Space was trying to say there was that some of the smaller places might not report/register every customer in order to avoid tax etc hence the term he used meaning 'black money'. I do know that the registering system is done online and that they are required by law to do so. Maybe the owners of Baku might be able to shed more light on this subject.
  13. Only in Thailand would you pay a fine for somebody else's fuck up
  14. Thanks for all this info, is there a limit to how long your bookings must show? In other words, once I go for the extension, I wont have a whole months worth of hotels booked, I never do as I play it by ear, last time I only had a week worth of receipt and it was ok.
  15. I only ever stay at VT6 as a condo and book online so have a receipt, the rest are all proper hotels but I do know that quite a few people haven't supplied this and still extended their visa. yes that's what I meant to say, when you line up to show your passport and outbound form.
  • Create New...