It`s so frustrating. Sometimes I write a post, which can be time consuming, and then I unintentionally hit some part of my keyboard and it is gone.

Is there a way to restore it in such a situation, like those 2 arrows in the WORD program, where you can go back or forward to the last changes you have made?

Goto the arrow at the top left of the screen .               <-                      B)

I find if you click away from the post and thread, then click back on to it - there is an option to restore the text you'd written. (Or you can clear all). I don't know if everyone sees this. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy_Lovepants said:

I find if you click away from the post and thread, then click back on to it - there is an option to restore the text you'd written. (Or you can clear all). I don't know if everyone sees this. 

That works most of the time but I have found it doesn't always work - admittedly that could be down to the three bottles of merlot I have to drink before I can face this forum!

Certainly if I was doing a trip report I would do it in Word first where it's autosaved, then copy across, but as the biggest trip I've done in five years is to the local pub or supermarket, I haven't bothered* :)

*If there is enough interest I will do a supermarket trip report, including photos.

2 minutes ago, frankdrebin said:

That works most of the time but I have found it doesn't always work - admittedly that could be down to the three bottles of merlot I have to drink before I can face this forum!

Certainly if I was doing a trip report I would do it in Word first where it's autosaved, then copy across, but as the biggest trip I've done in five years is to the local pub or supermarket, I haven't bothered* :)

*If there is enough interest I will do a supermarket trip report, including photos.

Spare us the supermarket report frank!

Writing up a TR on Word then copying to the forum doesn't work actually. I tried to and the formatting was all mucked up - tiny font which everyone complained about (hehe) ..

BTW I always take fistfuls of peyote and mescaline before logging on. B)

35 minutes ago, Jimmy_Lovepants said:

You're missing out, but not only that other people would be missing out because you're so selfish

Apologies to the OP for yet another threadfuck 

6 hours ago, Jimmy_Lovepants said:

Writing up a TR on Word then copying to the forum doesn't work actually. I tried to and the formatting was all mucked up - tiny font which everyone complained about (hehe) ..

BTW I always take fistfuls of peyote and mescaline before logging on. B)

This is how I do my TR's, it's probably one of the best ways, once you paste your text here, you just open the 'size' panel and choose a size, wish it were like that when choosing LB's :), from memory I think 14 or 16 is the proper size font.

Untitled223.jpg

There used to be a functioning 'auto save', once you started typing something and didn't post it straight away, it used to auto save it but I tried waiting for it to pop up, it didn't.

You used to be able to click on 'quote' and whatever you had typed in previously would automatically be there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, frankdrebin said:

You're missing out, but not only that other people would be missing out because you're so selfish

Apologies to the OP for yet another threadfuck 

All good brother, I fully understand, that some of you desperately need something to fuck and if there is no LB around and the next trip to LB heaven far away then at least a good thread will do.

:D

Now, seriously, in another forum I use to write occasionally, there are those 2 arrows 

InkedUnbenannt13.jpg

where you can undo your last action.

A text, you unintentionally deleted, won`t be restored by the editor, only if you closed the session without posting it.